EndNote Web: Online Citation Management Tool
EndNote Web is a web-based citation management tool which provides online storage for your references.
EndNote Web accounts are free for Meredith College students, faculty and staff.
Sites with information on how to sign up for and use EndNote Web:
Consult with your professor to determine which style you should use for any paper or project. These print and online style guides give examples of citing sources in the text, bibliography or reference list of your paper. For help, ask for assistance at the Meredith College Learning Center.
APA (American Psychological Association)
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association Carlyle Campbell Library, Main floor, R808.02 Am3 2010
- The Basics of APA Style Tutorial Free tutorial for learning APA style from the American Psychological Association
- APA Formatting and Style Guide From the Online Writing Lab (OWL) at Purdue University
- APA Style Guide to Electronic References Available electronically and in print
MLA (Modern Language Association)
- MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers Carlyle Campbell Library, Main floor, R808.027 M699
- MLA 2009 Formatting and Style Guide From the OWL at Purdue University; gives examples of in-text footnotes and works cited entries
CMS (Chicago Manual of Style)
- Chicago Manual of Style Online (Also available in print: Carlyle Campbell Library, Main floor, R808 C432 2010)
- Chicago-Style Citation Quick Guide Online from the Chicago Manual of Style website
- Chicago Formatting and Style Guide From the OWL at Purdue University
ACS (American Chemical Society)
- The ACS Style Guide: Effective Communication of Scientific Information Carlyle Campbell Library, Main floor, R808.065554 Ac78c
- ACS Style Guidelines (online from UW-Madison Libraries) provides examples for citing references in the text and the bibliography of a research paper
CSE (Council of Science Editors)
- Scientific Style and Format: The CSE Manual for Authors, Editors,and Publishers - Carlyle Campbell Library, Main floor, R808.066 Sci279
- CSE Style: Biology and Other Sciences (online from Research and Documentation Online by Diana Hacker and Barbara Fister) gives examples of in-text and reference list citations
AMA (American Medical Association) or NLM (National LIbrary of Medicine)
- AMA Manual of Style: A Guide for Authors and Editors - Carlyle Campbell Library, Main floor, R808.06661 Am11
- Citing Medicine: The NLM Style Guide for Authors, Editors and Publishers (Online edition from the National LIbrary of Medicine)
NARA (National archives of the United States
- NARA - An eBook: Citing Records in the National Archives of the United States
Additional Citation and Style Resources
- Research and Documentation Online by Diana Hacker. Covers MLA, APA, CMS and CSE styles
- Guide to Grammar and Writing Capital Community College, Hartford, CT
- Citing References Wiki Maintained by LexisNexis. Citation examples for document types found in LexisNexis® databases. Includes links to legal citation information.
- Citing References Maintained by EBSCO. Citation examples for document types found in EBSCO databases. Covers APA, MLA, CMS, AMA and others.
Ask a librarian
Have a question? Type in this box to chat with a Meredith librarian!