Special collections at CCL:
MAP: Carlyle Campbell Library is number 8 on the College campus map.
Getting to the campus: Driving directions to Meredith College.
When on the campus: From the campus entrance on Hillsborough St, drive straight until you reach a roundabout; turn right onto the roundabout and circle around until you reach South Campus Drive (your second right) and turn off. Continue on this road (over several speedbumps) until you reach North Campus Drive (you will see a sign for Carlyle Campbell Library and Weatherspoon building up on the right). Turn right onto North Campus Drive and you will see the library ahead on the right.
PARKING: There is free visitor parking right behind the library. Walk around to the front of the building to reach the main entrance.
To see a list of all positions currently open at the College, including the library, please go here:
Friends of the Library
Complete information about Friends programs and membership is on the Friends page.
Hours and Calendar
REGULAR LIBRARY HOURS
The Mission of Carlyle Campbell Library
Carlyle Campbell Library advances knowledge, empowers learners, and strengthens the Meredith community, with three vital resources—our staff, our collections, and our physical and virtual spaces.
- We advance knowledge by providing access to materials, tools, and information that open up global perspectives.
- We empower learners in their pursuit of excellence and academic success.
- We strengthen the Meredith community
Through these efforts we support the larger mission of the College
Expanded Mission Statement
The library website is optimized for phones, tablets, and other mobile devices. However, for best results mobile phone users should direct their devices to the specially designed home page at
Statistics About the Library
- Total titles - all formats: 440,582
- Total volumes (1) - all formats: 462,791
- Total volumes - physical all formats: 161,615
- Total volumes - ebooks: 232,629
- Total volumes (3) - streaming video: 18,686
- Total volumes (2) - streaming audio: 49,841
- Staff (FTE): 16 total, 8 faculty, 8 staff
- Building: Opened 1970. 60,000 sq. ft. + 12,000 sq ft. remote storage
- Web site usage - annual page views: 187,855
- Library System: Innnovative Interfaces, Inc. Millenium
- Discovery layer: Summon
As of June 30, 2015.
(1) Web-based books and media calculated at 1 title=1 volume
(2) Naxos Music Library streaming audio tracks.
(3) Films On Demand streaming video
Website Usage Reports
Use statistics for the library web pages are available depending on need by contacting Ted Waller at firstname.lastname@example.org.