A sample of the images collected for over 110 years at Meredith.
1899 - Old Main building. The original campus of Meredith College, then known as The Baptist Female University. It was finished in time to open for the University's first session in Fall 1899, and was located on the corner of Blount and Edenton streets. It was designed by A.G. (Adolphus Gustavus) Bauer, who also designed the Governor's Mansion one block away. Postcard.
1904 - Name changed from Baptist Female University to Baptist University for Women. Postcard.
1905 - First student government association officers
1907 - Margaret Bright, founder of the Doll Collection, graduates.
1915 - Charles Brewer selected as Meredith's 3rd president.
1917 - Mary Lynch Johnson, later Professor of English and author of The History of Meredith College, graduates.
1918 - Maypole
1924 - Faculty
1926 - Brand new Johnson Hall
1932 - May Day
1934 - Stylish student in Johnson Hall parlor
1938 - Class of 1938 in traditional senior tradition on Johnson Hall steps.
1940's - Convertible
1940's - Library on 2nd floor of Johnson Hall. The floor was removed to make way for the three floor Rotunda.
1950s - Aerial view showing Jones Auditorium, completed 1949 (lower right). Also shown are wooden buildings (right) which were for music, arts, sciences, a gymnasium and auditorium.
1959 - Future chemists at work. Hunter Hall opens to serve science programs