Faircloth Residential Hall is part of the original 1926 quadrangle and is located between Belk Dining Hall and Brewer Residence Hall. The four-floor building is currently used as a residence for freshmen.
When Meredith College was relocated in 1926, Building “B” was one of the first buildings - and one of four dorms - constructed on the new campus. In 1927, the residence hall was named to honor early school trustee William Turner Faircloth (1829-1900), Chief Justice of the North Carolina Supreme Court from 1895 until his death. Previously, there had been a Faircloth Hall on Meredith’s original campus in downtown Raleigh, as provided by Mr. Faircloth’s will.
On the new site, Faircloth was a dorm for upperclassmen, with the 4th floor used as the infirmary. After the infirmary was moved to Carroll Hall in 1962, the fourth floor of Faircloth was converted into residential rooms. Today, Faircloth is a freshman residence hall.