AMAZON KINDLES IN THE LIBRARY
Click Here For Up-To-Date Availability
For Quick troubleshooting, try these things first:
* Check the battery indicator (home screen, upper right) to see if the Kindle needs charging.
* Check wifi connection (home screen, upper right) and move to another location if wifi is out of range.
* Try turning the Kindle off and on again. This often fixes problems.
If you are still having trouble getting the Kindle to work try one of these sources of help:
* A user guide is available on your Kindle from the list of titles on the home screen.
* A troubleshooting guide is available on the Help link at www.amazon.com.
* Library staff are ready to help in person or by calling 760-8381 or 760-8047.
List of All Loaded Titles
The Kindles are not registered to an Amazon.com account, which is necessary to download items. However, it is possible to register the reader to your own account and download at your own expense. We ask that you be responsible about this and remove anything you download before returning it.
Click here for an alphabetized list of loaded book and game titles
Suggest a Title
We welcome your suggestions.
To send us your ideas click here.
Reserving a Kindle
You can reserve a Kindle in advance if they are all checked out.
Just go to the Kindle page in the library catalog and click the "Request" button at the top.
When you get a notice it's available, pick up your Kindle at the Circulation Desk.
Borrowing a Kindle
The rules for borrowing apply to all Meredith borrowers.
The loan period is 14 days, no renewals. The overdue fine is $10.00 a day for ALL borrowers.
Damaging a Kindle
If you lose or damage a Kindle the following costs occur:
Replacement costs are $140.00 + $25.00 processing for the Kindle, $70.00 for the carrying case, $27.00 for the adapter cable.
*images courtesy of Google images
see www.amazon.com for more Kindle information