How long can a title be available to stream?
- Titles can be streamed to your class for a two-week period. Copyright rules keeps us
from extending this period.
Can I request the same title more than once a semester?
- Unfortunately no; copyright laws restrict us to showing a title once per class per
Can I stream titles simultaneously for two different classes?
- Copyright rules restrict us to keeping the physical copy of the title (DVD) sequestered
while the title is streaming on LDMR; if we have two copies of the title, then we can do
this; if not – we cannot.
I need two classes to have streaming access and we only have one physical copy; what can we do?
- We can split the two weeks; each class would have one week of access.
I’ve already streamed a title this semester; can I stream it again?
- Unfortunately not; at this point those students who need to view the title could borrow
the DVD from the library (or you, if the DVD belongs to you).
How do I get the login information for my students?
- We’ll send you login info and passwords that you can share with your students at least
2-3 days before your title begins its streaming period.
Will I get a confirmation of my submitted requests?
- Yes. Occasionally these may fall into your spam folder; be sure to check before reaching
back out to us.
How many requests can I submit at a time? How many per semester?
- You can submit up to six titles at a time. You can submit forty requests per semester.
Where is the request form to submit titles?
The library doesn’t own the DVD I’d like to stream, but I have a personal copy. Can we use that?
- Yes. Media Services will need to hold that DVD for the stream period.
Other questions? Contact Brian Thornburg, Head of Media Services, 8444, firstname.lastname@example.org