Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Archives & College History
The College Archives is the home of historical materials about the College and its various constituencies. We recognize that some of the content in our digital collections may contain offensive materials and images. We have chosen to include them in the collection because we are committed to representing the institution’s history as accurately as possible. The behavior depicted in the images in direct violation of the current college policies and honor code and does not in any way reflect the current values of Meredith College.
Special collections at CCL:
Fiction and non-fiction for all ages, browsable through the library catalog.
Honors and Graduate Papers
* All Honors Theses are available in Carlyle Campbell Library and can be searched in the Library catalog by author or title.
* A complete, sortable list can be found by searching the Library catalog for Meredith College Honors Program.
* Theses completed 1987 to 2002 Spring are on microfilm.
* Theses completed 2002 Fall to present are on paper.
* Theses completed 2010 Fall to present are also available online.
K-12 Curriculum Materials
An extensive collection of K-12 textbooks and supporting materials, as well as a large collection of B-K books.
Music education curriculum materials, CDs, piano pedagogy, The John Craig Stevens Guitar Collection of guitar scores, hymnal collection, the Naxos Music Library of streaming audio.
The library has current and past volumes of bound periodicals, and online access to over 50,000 titles.
Over 500 popular movies and over 3000 DVDs for teaching and learning.
YA and Graphic Novels
The library has an growing collection of Trending Reads. This collection contains over 1000 YA and Graphic Novels.
MAP: Carlyle Campbell Library is number 8 on the College campus map.
Getting to the campus: Driving directions to Meredith College.
When on the campus: From the campus entrance on Hillsborough St, drive straight until you reach a roundabout; turn right onto the roundabout and circle around until you reach South Campus Drive (your second right) and turn off. Continue on this road (over several speed bumps) until you reach North Campus Drive (you will see a sign for Carlyle Campbell Library and Weatherspoon building up on the right). Turn right onto North Campus Drive and you will see the library ahead on the right.
PARKING: There is free visitor parking right beside the library. Walk around to the front of the building to reach the main entrance.
To see a list of all positions currently open at the College, including the library, please go here:
View All Jobs
Friends of the Library
Complete information about Friends programs and membership is on the Friends page.
Hours and Calendar
REGULAR LIBRARY HOURS
Monday-Thursday 9am-5pm, 6pm-9pm
Complete Calendar With Exceptions
The Mission of Carlyle Campbell Library
Carlyle Campbell Library advances knowledge, empowers learners, and strengthens the Meredith community, with three vital resources—our staff, our collections, and our physical and virtual spaces.
- We advance knowledge by providing access to materials, tools, and information that open up global perspectives.
- We empower learners in their pursuit of excellence and academic success.
- We strengthen the Meredith community
Through these efforts we support the larger mission of the College
Expanded Mission Statement
View the expanded Mission Statement here.
Statistics About the Library
- Total titles - all formats: 460,490
- Total volumes (1) - all formats: 490,814
- Total volumes - physical all formats: 166,823
- Total volumes - ebooks: 287,183
- Total volumes (3) - streaming video: 32,369
- Total volumes (2) - streaming audio: 139,310
- Staff (FTE): 16 total, 8 faculty, 8 staff
- Building: Opened 1970. 60,000 sq. ft. + 12,000 sq ft. remote storage
- Web site usage - annual page views: 214,822
- Library System: OCLC WorldShare Management Services
- Discovery layer: Summon
- Discovery layer: WMS Discovery
Website Usage Reports
Use statistics for the library web pages are available depending on need by contacting Carrie Nichols at firstname.lastname@example.org.