Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Streaming Video Resources
Films on Demand Video Collection Thousands of high quality videos on business & economics, health & medicine, humanities & social sciences, and science & mathematics, as well as travel and fitness programming, home and how-to videos, indie films, and popular music performances. Includes Oscar, Emmy and Peabody award winning documentaries, interviews, instructional and vocational training videos, historical speeches and newsreels.
To learn more about this resource click on the information icon. This resource contains a lot incredible films including ones from the Criterion Collection.
Some general tips for navigating Kanopy:
- Create an account and then you can access your Dashboard which allows you to:
- Create a watchlist
- Access your viewing history
- Leave comments
- Create playlists
- Once you add a movie to your playlist, you can edit it and create clips
- You can explore titles by searching or by the "Subjects" dropdown list
- If you have any questions you can access the Help Center located at the bottom of the screen or ask a librarian.
Kanopy Streaming Video A large collection of online streaming videos from top producers, with an emphasis on independent documentaries and foreign language cinema.
To learn more about this resource click on the information icon. Some general tips for navigating Films on Demand:
- Create an account and then you can access special features like:
- Making folders
- Creating a playlist
- Creating a custom segment
- Saving searches
- Creating a group or assignment
- You can explore the titles by searching or from the menu located on the top left of the home screen.
- If you have any questions there is a Help Section you can access in the top right corner or you can ask a librarian.
WGSN WGSN is the leading online trend-analysis and research service for the apparel, style, and retail industries. It offers trend forecasting and analysis up to two years in advance, in addition to consumer attitude and behavior research; coverage of international catwalks and trade shows; up-to-the-minute global news; city guides; media and celebrity reports; and retail and street fashion analysis.
To learn more about this resource, click on the information icon. Some general tips for navigating WGSN:
- You have access to the Fashion section of this resource.
- To see the latest reports you can scroll down the homepage.
- To see pictures from the major catwalks around the world, click on the Catwalk Gallery under Research after choosing a market.
- To see a full menu of all of the fashion forecasting resources we have access to, click on the different markets at the top.
- Once there you can access the videos under Research.
If you want to save any videos or images you will need to create an account. Simply go to Log In in the upper right corner on the homepage and then chose "Create a New Account" in the pop up box if you don't already have one.
- Once you have an account created you can access your "Workspace" (which is represented by a briefcase icon) to create folders and access images or videos you have previously saved.
- Note: You will need to reactivate your account every 90 days.
Streaming Audio Resource for Music
Naxos Music Library The world's largest online classical music library, offering CD-quality streaming of more than 100,000 recordings, focusing mainly on classical music, but also including jazz, blues, folk and world music.
To learn more about this resource click on the information button. Some general tips for navigating Naxos Music Library:
- You can do a keyword search or explore music by using the top navigation bar.
- From the navigation bar you can explore the holdings by:
- New releases and recent additions.
- Composers or artists.
- Genres and study area (by country).
When you access Naxos Music Library you will be logged in to Meredith College's group account. If you want to create a playlist, you will need to create your own account. You can do this by:
- Clicking on the Playlists tab
- At the top you will see a "Student / Member Playlists" and then a Login or Sign up option
Naxos Music Library also offers a mobile app you can download. You can access more information at this link and on the website if you are interested.