Events for the current year
Debbie Macomber, author of Silver Linings: a Rose Harbor Novel will speak in Jones Chapel at 7pm. Friends of the Library are co-sponsoring her visit with Quail Ridge Books. Read more here.
Louise Penny, author of Nature of the Beast: a Chief Inspector Gamache Novel will speak in Jones Auditorium at 7pm. Friends of the Library are co-sponsoring her visit with Quail Ridge Books. Read more here.
Fall Dinner Meeting, 6:30pm, Belk Dining Hall
Featuring: Camden Watts Roessler '03
Roessler is a film maker and a member of the Meredith class of 2003. You can learn more about her at her website: http://www.camdenwatts.com/
Spring Dinner Meeting, 6:30pm, Belk Dining Hall
Featuring: Andrea Weigl, Bridgette Lacy, and Bill Smith
Come enjoy a delightful evening's dinner and conversation about food with panelists News and Observer reporter, Andrea Weigl, Independent Weekly reporter, Bridgette Lacy, and Crooks Corner chef, Bill Smith.
Annual Membership Meeting
Allan Gurganus and Wilton Barnhardt (a conversation)
Friends of the Library Spring Dinner and Annual Membership Meeting
March 4, 2015, 6:30pm
Belk Dining Hall
Join us as two gifted novelists talk with each other about their writing.
To make a reservation call the library administrative office (919-760-8531) to reserve your spot, or ask questions.
Sketch of authors by Monica Franco
The following membership categories are available:
- Student Member ($10): for current students
- Contributing Member ($25)
- Family Contributing Member ($40): allows an additional family member to enjoy the benefits of Friends membership.
- Sustaining Member ($100): for those who wish to make a contribution over and above regular memberships. Sustaining members receive two dinner tickets each year, to be used during the year.
- Life Member ($500): may be made in one payment or installments within one membership year
- Life Family Membership ($750): allows two family members to receive life membership for one payment. Existing life members may add a family member for $250.
Here are three ways to join:
Members of the Friends receive the following benefits:
- Invitations to Friends' events twice a year
- Reduced fees for Friends' events
- Borrowing privileges at the College Library
- The Library Friends newsletter, with library news and upcoming events
- The satisfaction of contributing to the growth and vitality of Meredith.