Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Join the Friends of the Carlyle Campbell Library
The following membership categories are available:
- Student Member ($10): for current students
- Contributing Member ($25)
- Family Contributing Member ($40): allows an additional family member to enjoy the benefits of Friends membership.
Sustaining Member ($100): for those who wish to make a contribution over and above regular memberships. Sustaining members receive two dinner tickets each year, to be used during the year.**Per IRS guidelines, we estimate the fair market value of dinner tickets to be $44 (two tickets at $22 each). Meredith College is a 501(c)(3) public charity; therefore, Sustaining Members may claim a donation deduction for $66, the difference between your $100 contribution and the value of the benefits you received.
- Life Member ($500): may be made in one payment or installments within one membership year
- Life Family Membership ($750): allows two family members to receive life membership for one payment. Existing life members may add a family member for $250.
Here are three ways to join:
Benefits of Friends Membership
Included in every level of Friend Membership are:
- Invitations to Friends' events twice a year
- Reduced fees for Friends' events
- Borrowing privileges at the College Library
- The Library Friends newsletter, with library news and upcoming events
- The satisfaction of contributing to the growth and vitality of Meredith.
Click here to learn more about the organization
- Public access computers are on the main and ground floors. Ask at the Circulation desk about specific locations.
- A public wireless network is available. Please ask at the main service desk for details.
Borrowing library materials
- Friends can get a free library card and borrow up to ten books and other library items at a time. While guest access is currently restricted, you can request books using the Non-Meredith Book Request Form. See the instructions above the form for details.
Online databases and ebooks
- Open access from on campus. Off-campus access not available. The majority of Meredith databases are provided by NC LIVE, a project of all academic and public libraries in North Carolina. Contact your local public library to get an ID and password that will give you access to many databases from home. Here is the link to the Wake County Public Library's homepage: http://www.wakegov.com/libraries/Pages/default.aspx
- Not available for Friends.
Our work to make the library website conform to WCAG 2.0 (Level AA) standards is ongoing. If you encounter content that you find
inaccessible, please contact us at 919-760-8095 and we will work with our Office of Disability Services to provide you the content you need.